Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Yearly Goals Update Jan. 2021

 In my very first post on the blog I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish by the end of the year. Since it is the end of the month I figured I would share with you what my progress is so far. My list was as follows:

* Create a blog

*Release three full length novels

*Read ten novels

*Only buy cruelty-free cosmetics and personal care items

*Get through school with good grades


Looking at this list of goals I realize that I will have to make a few small changes due to recent events. The primary one being about my schooling; do to my mental health I made the decision to not attend school. There were a few contributing factors behind this choice but lets just say that I think I made the right call which is really the most important thing.

Like I stated previously, these goals were more of a template rather than a concrete design. I am aware of how things in life can change and how certain things that you you previously wanted for yourself may become things that you no longer wish to pursue. That is the case as far as schooling was concerned.

Aside from that change, most of my plans are still the same, some with very minor changes that I will get into.

Create a Blog

Obviously, if you are reading this you realize that I have indeed created a blog. My main point on this was not simply the creation of the blog but the upkeep and growth of it as well. As far as upkeep is concerned I wanted to make sure to post something at least once a week. So far I have kept on track with this and over the course of the month this will actually be my 9th post.

Growth on it has been slow, back when I had previously been a blogger I had a decent following but the world and technology along with it have changed tremendously so I find myself trying to figure out a way to get myself noticed. It is one thing to post a link in your Instagram bio or have people share a review of their book but outside of that it can be difficult.

I have joked with my friend about the possibility of me making my way onto YouTube but that is something that in reality I am not quite sure how I feel about. I am a super awkward person and when technology gets involved I end up becoming even more awkward. I'm also not sure what I would even do on video, suggestion was makeup but looking at other videos of people doing makeup and everyone's love of glam and contouring I think I would end up just sort of being a joke.

The other thing I have noticed was that I had intended on making my blog more than just a review blog, that is something that I haven't really been able to do as of yet. I think I need to find inspiration from somewhere on what sort of posts I should make. If anyone is actually reading this and has some suggestions, please do leave a comment.

Release Three Full Length Novels

This goal is still active but slightly altered and also slightly behind schedule but I am hoping to change that around before the end of next month. My goal is still to release three novels this year but I have also added four short stories to my plans.

These short stories are all planned to be a part of multi-author collections. The first will be release in less than a month so I will share more info about that within the next couple of weeks. The first collection is a Valentines theme so I will be writing a meet-cute romance story with a bit of a twist. As I said, I will post more about that at another date.

The other three additions are a LGBT romance story about asexual vampires, a story based on Greek mythology, and some sort of horror or Halloween themed story which I have yet to actually plan out. The LGBT romance is already written so I do not have to worry about that as far as my goals are concerned.

I have plotted out my story for the Greek mythology book. I am planning on basing it off of the story of Apollo tricking Artemis into killing her lover, Orion, out of jealousy. In the original story, Apollo was jealous because he and Artemis had been extremely close and now that she had fallen in love her attention was no longer focused on her twin brother. In my version of events Apollo is going to have fallen for Orion and a feud will break out among the twins over their shared love, which will result in tragedy.

For my three novels, my first one is currently being edited, the second is partially written and awaiting a proper outline(yes I know I'm doing thing out of order), and the third is currently nothing more than a concept. All three stories are to take place in the same universe and I have even considered the possibility of making my unplanned Halloween/horror story a part of the same universe.

I am behind where I wanted to be in editing my first novel but i had given myself plenty of added time knowing I may fall behind so I am still feeling positive about meeting my goals.

Read Ten Novels

I have read one novel already so I am definitely on track for this goal. I would like to not that I am only considering full-length novels as counting(at least 50k words) towards my goal. I read a lot of short stories so it would seem unfair to add those into my count.

The novel I have read already is:

A Falsetto of Fury by Amir Lane & N. J. Ember

I have already written a review for this novel which you can find HERE. I will be reviewing all of the books I read towards this goal and also review other short stories that I read and would like to share. If you are an author and would like to suggest one of your novels to me just leave a comment and I will check it out. Even if you aren't an author but just have a favourite book that you think I would like you can still recommend it to me in the comment. Honestly you can comment anything and I won't care so long as it is not spreading hate.

Cruelty Free Beauty

I have kept 100% true to this goal. In 2021 I have not purchased and beauty products that were not cruelty free. To be fair I have really only been getting beauty products from my Kinder Beauty Box subscription thus far. But I have been absolutely loving everything I do receive so I would definitely recommend that box to anyone that is passionate about beauty products.

I have also decided to no longer purchase any sort of hygiene products or cleaning products that are tested on animals. Basically I am trying to move into buying only cruelty free items when possible. I'm really not sure what to further say on this matter as it is something I am dropping rather than leaving from my life.


Overall I am pretty happy with my progress on my goals. There is one thing that completely slipped my mind when making my original goals and I honestly wasn't sure if it was something that I should list as it is something that was already started but I will be officially one year sober come March 15th. I will likely make a celebration post about that particular feat when the date comes. I also have planned to launch my first full length novel on that very same day as a sort of celebration.

And because I always leave my posts with a song:




No comments:

Post a Comment