Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Milani Cosmetics: Review

 I've been meaning to get to this review for a while but just haven't found the time. This brand was one I just sort of stumbled upon while buying work clothes. The store I was at happened to have a display of Milani Cosmetics

I decided to give it a shot, I needed waterproof mascara and concealer so I figured I would give it a shot. The company is cruelty-free and also very affordable, which are both wins. 

The items I bought were The Waterproof One Mascara and Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer


Mascara

Picture from @milanicosmetics in Instagram
I was looking for a mascara that would last through both snow and eyes that were watering from the
cold and wind and was very pleased with this product. My mascara looked the exact same when I got to work as it did when I left the house, not a single smudge, even on the snowiest days.

I also really liked this mascara in general for how it made my lashes look. They looked fuller and longer while also staying pretty defined. A little also goes a long way, I didn't find I had to keep applying more coats to get my lashes to look amazing.

As for longevity I have to say I was also impressed. No flaking throughout 10 hour workdays. If anything I have trouble getting the mascara off but that isn't something that can't be solved with a good makeup remover.

I have to say I was very impressed and will likely buy this item again.


Concealer

I bought this concealer to help with dark circles under my eyes and I can't say I dislike it but neither can I say that I love it. Part of that could be attributed to the fact that I was a bit off with my colour choice.

I find the concealer does a good job with coverage but can be a bit of a pain to blend but again that could be due to me not getting a good shade match. One thing a did find it did a great job at was when I tried it out as an eyeshadow primer when I ran out. My eyes shadow stayed put without creasing all day.

I think this is a decent concealer but I will probably continue to shop around a bit to see if I can find one I like better, but in the meantime it does the trick.


From the two products I purchased I found the quality to be pretty decent especially for the price. I may in future even branch out and try more products from this company.



No comments:

Post a Comment