Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Review: Ellovi, Han, Medusa's Makeup, Glov

As I stated in my last post, I would give a better review of some of the items I received from my Kinder Beauty Box. In my last post I stated that I had used a lip balm, and two eyeshadow. I have since also tried the makeup removing glove. Most of these items have been given a small review in my last post but I figured I'd go a bit more into detail in this post.

Ellovi: Ginger Lemon Lip Butter

Packaging: The packaging of lip balms is pretty straight forward. They are usually in a cylindrical tube with a little twisty thing at the bottom. It can be hard to stray from this as it is a proven design but Ellovi managed to stray just enough to add some extra interest. The tube was not more of an oval than a circle. The packaging is also black, another uncommon element when it comes to this particular item.

Product: The first thing I do when I open a new product is always to smell it and I can tell you that I was definitely not disappointed. The smell is very fresh but not overbearing. The texture of the product lives up to its name as being a 'Butter', it is very smooth and leaves your lips very soft which is pretty much what you want from such a product.

Pricing: The price for this item is $5 USD. To get a proper perspective I calculated it into CAD and as of this date it range up at $6.38. It may seem a bit on the pricier side for some but considering the quality I would say that it is a fair price. I have payed less for similar items but I have also paid more. I would consider the pricing to be moderate.

Han: Eyeshadow in Chocolate Bronze

Packaging: The packaging is not really something that would immediately draw my eye. It is pretty straight forward as far as single pots of eyeshadow go. It is far from being bad packaging, just not very interesting. If anything I would say that the logo seems sleek and modern.

Product: This particular shade is great for a subtle makeup look. it is pretty neutral with just the tiniest bit of shimmer. It isn't something I normally would have chosen for myself but it is very pretty. it also feels softs on the skin and blends very well. After a day's wear I didn't find that the colour had faded or creased.

Pricing: The price for this item is $15 USD. Converted to CAD it came in at $19.15. I will admit this is probably the most I've every paid for a single pot of eyeshadow but I also don't typically buy single eyeshadows. I prefer to purchase pallets. I probably on my own would not have spent nearly $20 on an eyeshadow.

Medusa's Makeup: Eye Dust in Penny Wise

Packaging: I have always found Medusa's Makeup packaging to be pretty. The logo in general just looks cool to me. This item is packaged in a jar with a sifter between the contents and lid. The lid is a basic twist off lid. I find loose powdered eyeshadow to be messy most of the time but the sifter definitely does a good job in making sure you don't spill the contents all over yourself. 

Product: This shade is very pretty. it is highly pigmented and also very shimmery. I can tell I will be using this a lot in my future makeup routines. It also blends very well though you do need to make sure you don't have too much product on your brush but that goes with all loose powders.

Pricing: The price for this item is $9 USD. Coming out to $11.49 CAD. this is more around the range I would expect from a single eyeshadow and would definitely be willing to pay this price to buy more of this product.

Glov: Makeup Remover Glove

Packaging: This item has packaging made of starch which apparently decomposes naturally. I love the idea of eco-friendly packaging. The appearance of the bag isn't really anything special in my opinion but it is also far from being horrible.

Product: I love it! I have used microfibre, just add water, types of clothes before and found them great for removing face makeup but always found them rough while trying to use on eye makeup. I did not have this problem with this one. It was super soft and even my stubborn eye makeup came off easily with no irritation. 

It is also super easy to clean. I just used a bar of laundry soap and hand washed it then hung it to dry. I was worried about the fact that the cloth was white but the makeup seemed to wash out of it easily leaving no stains . My only disappointment would be that it is only good for up to three months before needing to be replaced, but the quality of the product will definitely entice me to replace it.

Pricing: After converting the website to USD it range in at $14.90 which is $19.03 CAD. At first glance I thought the price high but then I thought about the money I was saving on my favourite makeup removers and figured it was worth it. I will be buying this product again as well as a few other item I spied in order to cover for shipping from Europe to North America.

Today's Song of the Day:




No comments:

Post a Comment