Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Yeet 2020 to the Moon

 New Year Goals

I hate using the phrase "New Year Resolutions" because it implies that you must succeed and that is nearly impossible to do. You start off the year with so many ideas in your head about what you want to do but in reality I know very few people who are able to actually stick to a resolution without going completely off their rockers.

I must admit that every year I feel compelled to give myself goals regardless of the mayhem they can cause and what better way to start off than to list my goals for all to see. I think there is something motivating about sharing my hopes with others. Despite putting my goals out into the world, I refuse to allow myself to feel bad if I am unable to achieve them, especially since I have made a rather extensive list of things I would like to achieve.


My List

* Create a blog

*Release three full length novels

*Read ten novels

*Only buy cruelty-free cosmetics and personal care items

*Get through school with good grades


Create a Blog

The fact that you are reading this right now shows that I have indeed started a blog. (yes I know I am technically a day early) I suppose the real goal is to actually keep this blog regularly up-dated and hopefully to grow it to a point where I am not simply talking to myself.

I had a blog throughout high school and college on this very same server but it sort of fell inactive due to personal struggles I was dealing with at the time. I have posted recently in that blog but I feel as if I am completely disconnected from my teenaged self. I also don't really want to share that blog with family and friends so I do not link it to any of my social media pages.

This platform has lost a lot of steam since I last used it regularly so it is difficult to bring in views without being able to promote it. This new blog will be a representation of my current self and I will feel zero shame in openly sharing my views with the world. 


Release Three Full-Length Novels

This is a goal I also have started to put into motion before the new year but as the release dates don't start rolling out until spring I though it still fair to add it to the list.

I have been promising friends a novel for a few years now but have never ended up fully drafting something until now. I am currently working on what will be a five book series. All of the stories will be in the same universe and may allude to each other but all of the books will be able to be read on their own without the reader missing any details. 

As things currently stand I have release dates set up in my planner for March, June, and October. 

The books will be a series of urban fantasy novels written in a universe that involves magic, shifters, and vampires. The series as is has been titled "Misfits of Magic" and will follow people that don't quite fit into magical society for various reasons.

This is probably the goal I am most hard pressed to complete but I am going into the new year confident that I can do so.


Read Ten Novels

A part of me sort of wants to laugh at this number because I once made a hundred novel goal. I did not succeed but I came very close, at that time I spent almost all of my free time reading which is not something I can say for myself now.

Ten novels may seem small in my mind but thinking about things rationally and in comparison with everything else I hope to achieve this year it seems much more plausible. I have not yet decided on what books to read but I will make sure to keep you posted and will probably give a review of the books I read.


Only Buy Cruelty-Free Cosmetics

This is something that I at one point had succeeded in doing but I somehow found myself slipping. I let myself lag behind on this due to personal and financial reasons. I know those are not really valid excuses but it is what happened.

From this point forward I am determined to be more aware of what I am purchasing and have even gone so far as to subscribe to a vegan beauty box. I haven't yet received my first box(it is in transit) but I am very excited to break into it when I do.

I do intend to finish using the items I already own that are not cruelty-free as it seems to be a waste not to do so. I will likely make many makeup posts and list what items I use so if you see brands that test on animals I will assure you that it is because it will be something that I have already purchased and I will probably make a note of any of the items that do not follow my new standards.


Get Through School with Good Grades

I am set to go back to school January 11th and it is something I am both excited and nervous about. My classes will all be on-line delivery which is not something I have ever done before. I really just want to assure that I actually put effort into my education rather than just allowing myself to get through with minimal effort.

I can really only do my best and that is what I hope to do both with this goal and every other goal on this list.

I intend to make posts at least once a week and one thing I usually did was leave you with a song that is currently stuck in my head. Warning I don't really keep up to date with the lives and gossip of most celebrities so I cannot promise to not post music by artists that have said or done shitty things.


Anyway for today's song I will share with you is:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment