Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Yearly Goals Update Feb 2021

 I know I'm a few days late posting this but February has been a bit of a hectic month. I ended up getting a full time job so that has made a huge change in my life thus far. I've been quite exhausted as I'm not yet accustomed to 9 hour shifts or 44 hour weeks, but I'm getting there!

Anyway, due to my knew predicament my yearly goals have once again changed. (I know they changed in my last post too) Big changes in life means adjusting your goals to be more reasonable, rather than keeping them the same and pushing yourself too far.

I also realize that I'm a bit late in posting, my goal is at least once per week but with the adjustments I've made to my life things seemed to thrown on the backburner momentarily. I have found a solution to this issue though, on my days off I will queue up posts that will automatically pop up based on a schedule. 

Okay, so with my introduction done, I will post my new list of goals:

  • Keep my blog up to date
  • Publish short stories in four anthologies
  • Read ten novels
  • Only purchase cruelty free cosmetics and personal care products
Okay so now that I have my revised list I will gibe you my updates on each one!

Keep Blog Up-To-Date

I addressed this earlier in my post that my goal for this blog is to post once a week, something that alluded me these past few days. With my new plan to schedule posts I think I will solve this issue from happening again so I'm not going to count that as a complete fail.

I also want to try and get this blog more exposure, I have a few ideas on how to do so but haven't put any into affect yet. One of my ideas is to create a picture with my blog name on it to put on all of my instagram posts. My other primary idea is to change the url of this blog to correlate better with my instagram handle. I will liked put both of these ideas to the test before the end of the month.

Publish Stories in Four Anthologies

So my previous goal was to publish three full-length novels but that seems a bit unrealistic with my
new time constraints so instead I will be publishing short stories in four different anthologies this year. The first on is already available. It is called 'Be my Valentine?' and it is published in an anthology by the name of 'The Book of Love'. I've hyper linked the name with the universal url for digital bookstore aside from kindle. It is available on Amazon Kindle but I don't have a universal link for it.

With one anthology down, I have three more to go. The other three anthologies are one that is based on gods and mythology, an LGBT romance, and a Halloween themed book. I have my story written for the LGBT romance but still need to write my stories for the other two.

Read Ten Novels

I'm still only at one(that's where I was last month) but I am currently reading 'Curse of Stone' by Veronica Shade. So far it seems to be quite good and it is also a part of a series so that may quicken my reading progress since I am the type of person to read an entire series of books.

The Book I had already reading was 'A Falsetto of Fury' by Amir Lane and N.J. Ember

Shopping Cruelty-Free

So this one I may or may not have had a minor hiccup on. I received two subscription boxes called BabeBox. The box claimed to be cruelty-free but for some of the items I was unable to find any official certification that they were indeed cruelty-free. For this one I am going to hope that despite their lack of certification that they were true to their word.

In future I will be making sure to check more closely to what I buy. I still have my monthly subscription to Kinder Beauty which I honestly can't praise enough. I also have an order on it's way from Medusa's Makeup, and have recently purchased a couple items from Milani.

I will soon be posting a review on the items from Milani and as soon as I get my package in from Medusa's Makeup I will also be writing a review, I also just got my latest Kinder Beauty Box in the mail so I will be posting about that soon as well.


Anyway, so far I am happy with my year thus far, which is honestly the most important thing. I also think I'm on task with my goals, even if they do keep changing as life goes on. Over-all I am happy with my progress.

Also have a song!



No comments:

Post a Comment